Thursday, November 20, 2008

Moving on up!

We moved to Moderate Care!


She is praying for food!


Looking at Gramma.


Look at how coordinated she is!
The nurses had fun dressing her and making her bed cute!
*
*
*
*
Yesterday was a buzy day. We moved from the ICU to Moderate care. I am so happy we are moving in the right direction (HOME!) but I loved everyone in the ICU. The nurses are so buzy in Moderate Care. I had to remind them to give her her pain meds. I had to tell them her machines were beeping. My mom and I are pretty much on our own. It's pretty stressful because I have never taken care of a baby that just had major heart surgery. Madison has been pretty crabby the last 2 days. We started feeding her a bottle, but they can only give her less than an ounce an hour (yesterday it was only 1/2 ounce and hour). SO she sucks it down and then gets ticked because she is still hungry. She is doing better with the bottle today though. Yesterday she had no clue what to do with it because I had only nursed her. I wish they would have told me that she would only be getting the bottle because I would have stopped nursing her. They told me today that when she goes home I will have to feed her 1/2 breast milk and 1/2 formula in a bottle for extra calories. I am so upset that I probably won't be able to nurse her. BUT if that's the worst thing that comes of this...I will take it! She is such a fiesty little thing, I think that is why she is doing so well. I am so glad that she will never remember any of this though. This is our 9th day at the hospital and I already feel like I live here. My mom and I are taking shifts with her because I don't like to leave her AT ALL. Thank heaven for my wonderful mother. I don't know what I would do without her. She has helped me so much and I have never been so greatful.

2 comments:

Kathy G said...

I am so happy to hear that Madi has moved on to "Moderate Care". She has and will continue to be in my prayers.

As you found out moms will do anything for their children no matter if they are big or small.

Love Kathy G

Sarah Zannetti said...

What wonderful progress!! She is soo beautiful!! The picture of her looking at grandma looks like she is saying "gramma get me outta here, your supposed to do whatever I ask!" It is so cute! Well take care of yourselves. We can't wait to see you all.
Love you Guys!
Sarah Z.