Thursday, November 13, 2008

2nd night...

Well the 2nd night went okay. Her blood pressure kept decreasing and they had to give her more meds. They said that this is to be expected though because she is getting so many fluids. As her fluids leave her, it causes her blood pressure to go down. So untill all the extra fluid is gone she will continue to be on blood pressure meds. The doctors took out one of her tubes! We are excited to see progress! They said that she will be on her respirator untill the middle of next week. So she will probably be in the ICU untill NEXT weekend and then in general care for another week. SO, we will definitly be here for thanksgiving.
***
When we got here Chris's Dad and Ronda were here and they were reading a Curious George book to her. Inside Grandpa Leideker wrote a poem to Madison...
***
MADISON
***
To our newest member
of the Leideker family
I write you this note
most lovingly, most Happily!
***
We all sit and watch you
as you restfully sleep
your eyelids closed soft
in slumber, so deep
***
Just 5 short weeks old
your life's just begun
yet already you've endured
like your Dad, like my son
***
Your're THE only focus
of so many that care
the brightest of Surgeons
Nurses beyond compare!
***
So many machines,
tubes, lights, and attention,
Meds, Guages, soft hands
MAXED love and affection!
***
Your tiny body just stretched
to our elated suprise,
and for a brief moment
you opened your soft eyes!
***
Life's never seen
more care and true love
from family and friends
and from God above.
***
So rest, dream, recover
young Madison Nicole
for love's ALL around you
helping you reach your goal!
*
*
Chris and I went in to see her and she was WIDE awake! The nurses said it was okay to touch her and talk to her today! I said Hi to her and she saw me and SMILED!! Chris took a turn too and she smurked at him. I could tell she was happy to see us! It made our day! I never thought I could miss someone one so bad that is right in front of me. But I miss holding her, rubbing her face, changing her diapers, giving her baths, kissing her checks, nursing her, and even staying up with her at night! I love her more then I ever thought I could love anyone. She is my beautiful miracle!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so glad she's doing ok. That's a bummer that she'll need to be there until Thanksgiving, but whatever it takes and however how long it takes it will be worth it because she's getting the BEST possible care she can right now. I love her so much and I love you guys, too!! Grandpa Gary's poem actually brought tears to my eyes.. It was perfect.

Love you guys!
Auntie J

Abigail said...

I'm glad to hear that she is doing better and better!!!

Fran and Jason said...

You guys are all so strong! I am keeping you in my prayers! Im happy to hear Madison is making progress! You will have a LOT to be thankful for this Thanksgiving as you watch your precious miracle heal! God is awesome!

Donnie and Carol said...

Uncle Donnie and I are thrilled that Madison is doing so well. Our prayers have been answered.

Aunt Carol

Sarah Zannetti said...

Shannon and Chris
We are so happy to hear that little Madison's surgery went well and that it is over! Now we can focus on her coming home with you and growing into a beautiful little girl. We will continue to pray for healing and quick recovery! Many blessings to you and your family.
Love
Joe Sarah Alea and Arianna